Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume explores protocols for studying the many facets of Ca2+-imaging, Ca2+-signaling, and Ca2+-binding along with background information on the principles and application of these techniques. The content of the book delves into 48 chapters including subjects such as data analysis and modern technologies to study calcium-binding and signaling in cells, the superfamily of calcium-binding proteins characterized by the EF-hand structural motif, as well as their use as diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers in Laboratory Medicine and novel therapeutic drug targets. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and comprehensive, Calcium-Binding Proteins of the EF-Hand Superfamily: From Basics to Medical Applications presents state-of-the-art, lab-based methods and easy-to-follow protocols for daily use, making it interesting for basic and medical researchers, cell- and molecular biologists, clinicians, clinical chemists, and the diagnostic industry.
Ca2+-signaling Calcium-binding Therapeutic drug targets Personalized medicine Pharmacology
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9030-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9029-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9030-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site