Table of contents
About this book
This second edition provides a comprehensive collection of the cutting-edge methods for creating and monitoring transgenic cotton and its application on agricultural and basic research. Chapters detail current status and perspectives of transgenic cotton, principle and methods for making transgenic cotton, creating gene knockout lines, foreign gene copy and expression in transgenic plants, improvements to cotton using transgenic technology, and monitoring the potential impact of transgenic cotton on environment. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Transgenic Cotton: Methods and Protocols 2nd aims to be a resource for scientists as well as graduate students who work on transgenic plants, plant genetics, molecular biology, and agricultural sciences.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8952-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8951-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8952-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site