About this book
This volume focuses on experimental research with applicable models to study physiology, biochemistry, and molecular biology of the blood-brain barrier (BBB). This book is organized into six parts: Part One is an overview of the physiology of BBB; Part Two explores in vitro cell models to study the BBB; Part Three discusses techniques in vivo and ex vivo models to evaluate BBB in Drosophila melanogaster, Zebrafish, and rodents; Part Four looks at permeability, influx, efflux transportation, and drug delivery through the BBB; Part Five talks about various invasive and non-invasive imaging techniques to study BBB; and Part Six describes how molecular biomarkers are used to look at the integrity or dysfunction of the BBB. In Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Blood-Brain Barrier is a valuable resource to aid both novice and experienced investigators with performing experiments using new and classic translational approaches.
Neuronal progenitor cell TEER Sodium fluorescein choroid plexuses drug transport
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8946-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8945-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8946-1
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site