About this book
This book expands on the previous volumes with new chapters focusing on functional characterization of phage and their proteins, and on the development of phage therapy by outlining novel models. The chapters in this book cover molecular topics such as PhageFISH for monitoring phage infections at single cell level; the analysis of phage-host protein-protein interactions using Strep-tag® II purifications; and also application driven chapters including ‘duckweed (Lemna minor) and alfalfa (Medicago sativa) as bacterial infection model systems’. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Innovative and thorough, Bacteriophages: Methods and Protocols, Volume IV is a valuable resource for both established and novice phage scientists.
Phage visualization Phage engineering Phage-protein analysis Phage therapy Model systems
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8940-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8939-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8940-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site