About this book
This volume not only discusses various common biobanking topics, it also delves into less-discussed subjects such as what is needed to start a biobank, training of new biobanking personnel, and ethnic representation in biospecimen research. Other chapters in this book span practical topics including: disaster prevention and recovery; information technology; flora and fauna preservation including zoological fluid specimen photography; surgical and autopsy biobanking; biobanking of bodily fluids; biosafety; cutting frozen sections; immunohistochemistry; nucleic acid extraction; and biospecimen shipping. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Unique and comprehensive, Biobanking: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for novice and practicing biobankers, and for end-user researchers. This book aims to bring new insight into the field and expand on current biomedical biobanking studies.
biospecimens flora and fauna biobanking autopsy biobanking fluid preserved specimens arthropods immunofluorescence
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8935-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8933-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8935-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site