About this book
This detailed volume explores the methods used for most of the recent approaches to suicide gene therapy of cancer, which exploits promoters that are specific to cancer cells, thereby ensuring (or greatly increasing the likelihood) that the therapeutic gene is expressed only in cancer cells. The book also contains chapters describing methods to improve the safety of cell therapy and techniques utilizing bone marrow mesenchymal cells. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Suicide Gene Therapy: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for researchers expanding upon our knowledge and application of this vital form of cancer therapy.
Cancer treatment Therapeutic genes Tumors Cell therapy Bone marrow mesenchymal cells
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8922-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8921-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8922-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site