Table of contents
About this book
This detailed book provides a collection of protocols for numerous experimental approaches perfected by the authors for lactic acid bacteria (LAB) research. Split in to three parts, the volume delves into the identification and metabolism of LABs, the applications of the bacteria for the food industry, as well as healthy functions of LAB. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introduction to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, Lactic Acid Bacteria: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal inspiration for many research efforts in the domains of food science and health science.
Lactobacillus Food production Metabolism Fermentative bacteria Bacterial flora Intestinal medicine
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8907-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8906-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8907-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site