About this book
This detailed volume compiles the best methodologies and experimental techniques to profile and extract maximal data from brain tumor stem cells (BTSCs), the experimental paradigm for brain cancer research that offers insights into cancer stem cell populations that may drive not only tumor initiation but tumor recurrence and patient relapse. The BTSC model recapitulates scientific observations made in brain cancer patients, and these chapters provide the reader with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and techniques that will unlock data from this most informative subset of cells. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Brain Tumor Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for researchers seeking to better understand the complexities of brain cancer.
Brain cancer BTSC research Human cancer stem cell (CSC) populations Therapeutic options Glioblastoma
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8805-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8804-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8805-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site