Table of contents
About this book
This detailed volume includes protocols that represent the breadth of microbial metabolomics approaches to both large-scale and small-scale experiments with intention of highlighting techniques that can be used for applications ranging from environmental microbiology to human disease. Utilizing mass spectrometry as their primary measurement tool, the chapters explore microbial metabolomics, metabolism and microbial physiology, metabolite sample preparation, current analytical techniques used to profile primary and secondary metabolites and lipids, as well as establishing data analysis workflows for targeted metabolomics, untargeted metabolomics, analysis of metabolic fluxes, and genome-scale models. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introduction to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Microbial Metabolomics: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal reference for both novice and advanced users and can be adapted to similar analytical platforms or customized to suit the needs of the researcher.
Metabolite sample preparation Data analysis Metabolic networks Mass spectrometry Metabolome
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8757-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8756-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8757-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site