About this book
This volume expands upon the collection of techniques published in Protein Electrophoresis: Methods and Protocols (2012) with more practical and reproducible methods to study protein gel detection and imaging. The chapters in this book cover topics such as coomassie-brilliant blue staining of polyacrylamide gels; silver staining techniques; microwave assisted protein staining, de-staining, and in-solution digestion of proteins; curumin and turmeric as an environment-friendly protein gel stain; in-gel protein phosphotase assay using fluorogenic substrates; destaining with fungal laccase; and radiolabeling and analysis of labeled proteins. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and practical, Protein Gel Detection and Imaging: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for expert and novice scientists and researchers who are interested in learning and experimenting with this field.
Polyacrylamide Gels Coomassie Blue imidazole-zinc PAGE Metalloproteins
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8745-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8744-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8745-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site