Table of contents
About this book
This volume describes techniques to make synaptosomes, and discusses numerous ways that synaptosomes are used to study and answer diverse questions about synapses. After examining the history that led to making synaptosomes, the chapters delved into its important as a tool to explore synaptic connections. Some of the topics covered in this book are: synaptosome bioenergetics and glutamate release; affinity proteomics for interactome and phosphoproteome screening in synaptosomes; isolation of highly purified and functionally active synaptic mitochondria; and profiling of microRNA and protein from purified synaptoneurosomes in a neurodegenerative disease model. In Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Synaptosomes is a valuable resource for any researcher interested in learning more about this developing field.
synaptoneurosomes Cryoloading Protein synthesis oxidative stress gamma-aminobutyric
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8739-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8738-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8739-9
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site