Table of contents
About this book
This volume explores plastid evolution, structure, and function in algae, plants and protists. The methods described in this book help scientists visualize, fractionate, purify, and study primary and secondary plastids in plant and algal materials. The chapters in this book also look at various techniques to analyze plastids through means of combining biology strategies from genetics, genomics, proteomics, and lipidomics. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Plastids: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for students, engineers, and researchers who are interested in this evolving organelle and overall field.
plasticity chloroplasts Chromalveolata Euglenozoa endosymbionts
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-8654-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-8653-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-8654-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site