About this book
This detailed book provides a laboratory manual and guidebook for the selection, implementation, and interpretation of a wide range of techniques in contemporary use in leading laboratories engaged in Huntington’s disease (HD) research worldwide. Only by understanding the pathology and pathogenic process at the fundamental molecular and cellular level can the research community expect to be able to slow or halt the disease process, repair the damage, and develop novel effective therapies to treat the symptoms of this condition, thus this volume collects the practical knowledge of its authors. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and invaluable, Huntington’s Disease aims to help scientists to significantly extend the breadth and quality of research in laboratories dedicated to mastering and controlling this devastating human condition.
Mutant huntingtin Neurodegenerative disease Neuropathology Animal models Gene manipulation Genetic disease
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7825-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7824-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7825-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site