Table of contents
About this book
This detailed book presents an up-to-date view on methods and experimental approaches developed to identify and explore the chromothripsis phenomenon. Beginning with a section exploring the genesis and impact of chromothripsis, the collection continues by covering the identification of chromothripsis, the causal mechanisms of chromothripsis, the bioinformatics tools for chromothripsis analysis, and experimental systems recently developed for the in vitro investigation of chromothripsis. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Chromothripsis: Methods and Protocols serves as a vital resource for cell biologists, molecular biologists, cytogeneticists, and geneticists investigating chromothripsis, but also for students and researchers new to the field of chromothripsis and genomic instability.
Massive genomic alterations DNA fragments Complex derivative chromosomes Cytogenetics Bioinformatics Cancer research
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7780-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7779-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7780-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site