About this book
This volume describes numerous applications of sponge-matrix histoculture to study cancer biology and the treatment of cancer, stem cells, organoids, growth and repair of nerves, lymphoid tissues that produce antibodies, and HIV infection. The chapters in this book cover topics including, in vivo-like growth patterns of multiple types of tumors in Gelfoam® histoculture; development of the histoculture drug response assay (HDRA) for cancer patients; hair-shaft growth in Gelfoam® histoculture of skin as well as isolated hair follicles in Gelfoam® histoculture; the use of Gelfoam® histoculture to discover novel treatment of HIV infection; and imaging DNA repair after UV irradiation damage of cancer cells in Gelfoam® histoculture. The volume explains what is true 3D cell and tissue culture and corrects widespread misconceptions of 3D culture in the literature. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting–edge and authoritative, 3D Sponge-Matrix Histoculture: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource that contributes to new cell and tissue culture research, and other diseases based on the true 3D culture.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7745-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7743-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7745-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site