About this book
This volume provides protocols for the generation of various biomaterials for tissue engineering and regenerative medicine applications. The chapters in this book include a look at a range of biomaterials including hydrogels and other matrices (natural, synthetic, self-healing) for various applications including drug and gene delivery, surface modification and functionalization of biomaterials. In addition, techniques described include those for controlling biomaterial geometry, such as three-dimensional printing and electrospinning. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Biomaterials for Tissue Engineering: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for scientists and engineers interested in this vital field of study.
tissue engineering regenerative medicine biomaterials drug delivery hydrogel
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7741-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7739-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7741-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site