About this book
This volume explores the applications of reporter gene technology and the methodologies needed for their effective implementation. The chapters in this book cover practical topics such as how to integrate reporter constructs into cellular models, viral delivery, splicing applications, in vivo imaging, and a guide to the use of multi-cistronic constructs. Additionally, chapters also include detailed mechanistic uses of reporter genes in cellular pathways, and a look at project and data management of screening applications. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Reporter Gene Assays: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in learning more about reporter genes.
genes gene expression patterns cellular functions NFkB activation in immune cells high-throughput drug screening pathogenic protein expression
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7724-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7722-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7724-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site