About this book
This volume explores three main aspects of nitric oxide (NO) research: NO treatment and detection, NO modifications, and NO detoxification. The book also covers methods used to study human/animal and plant nitric oxide. The chapters are divided into three parts: part one looks at NO treatments using gaseous nitric oxide and detection using a NO-sensitive electrode, electron spin resonance, and fluorescence-based NO-sensor proteins. Part two talks about various techniques used to detect and identify NO-dependent modifications such as biotin-switch assay and quantification of s-nitrosated proteins. Part three focuses on the study of s-nitrosothiol homeostasis and denitrosation activities. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting edge and authoritative, Nitric Oxide: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for anyone interested in learning more about this evolving field.
nitrate reductase xanthine oxidase polyamine oxidase electron spin resonance mass spectrometry
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7695-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7694-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7695-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site