About this book
This detailed volume explores the latest methods that can be used to probe mRNA decay pathways and identify mRNA-binding protein targets as well as miRNA targets. Subjects include metabolic labelling and RNAseq methods for determining RNA decay rates, approaches for discovering RNA-binding protein targets, bioinformatics, miRNA targets and novel components of the miRNA-directed decay pathway, and recently developed approaches for studying nonsense-mediated mRNA decay, among other areas. Written for the highly popular Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, mRNA Decay: Methods and Protocols serves as an ideal guide for molecular biologists, geneticists, and developmental biologists with an interest in understanding how normal development and tissue homeostasis is regulated and how these processes are perturbed in inherited and acquired diseases.
Decay pathways mRNA-binding protein targets Metabolic labeling RNAseq Bioinformatics Nonsense-mediated mRNA decay Tissue homeostasis regulation Genome-wide sequencing
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7540-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7539-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7540-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site