About this book
This volume looks at modern computational strategies and techniques used in GPCR drug discovery including structure and ligand-based approaches and cheminformatics. The chapters in this book describe how these approaches can be applied to address key drug discovery issues, such as receptor structure modelling, function and dynamics, prediction of protein-water-ligand interactions and binding kinetics, free energy of binding, interconversion between agonists and antagonists, deorphanization of GPCRs, and the discovery of biased and allosteric modulators. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary software and tools, step-by-step, readily reproducible modelling protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and unique,Computational Methods for GPCR Drug Discovery is a valuable resource for structural and molecular biologists, computational and medicinal chemists, pharmacologists, and drug designers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7465-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7464-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7465-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site