Table of contents
About this book
This volume discusses techniques used for the molecular characterization of maize. This book is divided into 4 parts: cell, tissue, and organ culture and maize transformation; gene silencing and generation of mutant populations; plant gene expression; and plant metabolic networks. The chapters cover a range of topics, such as growing and propagating maize in the laboratory, greenhouse and field studies, screening mutagenic population, characterizing the genome, describing protein and metabolic regulatory networks, and generating transgenic plants for gene knock-out and over expression purposes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Maize: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for everyone who is interested in maize research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7315-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7314-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7315-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site