About this book
This meticulous volume covers metabolism and drug-drug interactions during pregnancy, critical periods of developmental toxicology, in vivo and alternative methods to assess potential developmental toxicity for drugs and chemicals, and effects of chemicals on testes and mammary glands. Evaluation of developmental and reproductive toxicology endpoints is an integral part of the safety assessment process for compounds with potential use in women of childbearing age or females that might be exposed during pregnancy as well as men of reproductive potential. The in vivo assessments included here are guideline-driven and are required for submissions for product approval. Written for the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, this collection includes the kind of detailed implementation advice necessary for success in the lab.
Authoritative and practical, Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology is an ideal resource for researchers working in this vital field of study.
Teratology Animal models Drug-drug interactions Maternal environment DART research Pharmaceutical risk
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7208-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7206-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7208-1
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- Buy this book on publisher's site