About this book
This volume examines different approaches toward understanding the function of microRNA (miRNA) and the tools used to regulate microRNA expression in nervous systems. MicroRNA Technologies also explores newly established techniques to study the role of miRNAs in the nervous system. The chapters in this book cover topics such as: high content screening for looking at the impact of overexpressed miRNAs on primary motor neurons; miRNA expression profiling by PCR array in 2D and 3D neural culture systems; analysis of cortical neuron migration using miRNA silencing; isolating and screening subcellular miRNAs in neurons; and measuring miRNA mediated translational regulation with live cell imaging. The Neuromethods series offers chapters with key advice and procedure specifics to empower the readers to successfully achieve their own scientific and experimental goals.
Cutting-edge and practical, MicroRNA Technologies is a valuable resource for students and researchers who are interested about microRNAs in nervous systems.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7175-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7173-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7175-6
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site