Table of contents
About this book
This detailed book provides state-of-the-art protocols to facilitate the construction of synthetic protein switches for a variety of applications in biotechnology and basic research. Beginning with general strategies, the volume continues with coverage of peptide switches, fluorescent and bioluminescent sensors, β-lactamase sensors, proteolytic sensors, optogenetic switches, as well as cellular signaling switches. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Synthetic Protein Switches: Methods and Protocols serves as a useful reference for life scientists from diverse research fields that range from traditional, discovery-centered disciplines, like cancer research, to newly emerging disciplines, such as synthetic biology.
Bioluminescent sensors Fluorescent sensors Synthetic biology Next-generation therapeutics Peptide switches β-lactamase Optogenetic switches Biomolecular analytes
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6940-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6938-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6940-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site