About this book
This volume contains a collection of protocols from some of the major laboratories involved in stem cell research across the world. The research discussed in this book covers topics such as: isolating, characterizing and expanding dental pulp stem cells; manipulating the proliferative potential of cardiomyocytes by gene transfer; isolation of stromal stem cells from adipose tissue; noninvasive assessment of cell fat and biology in transplanted mesenchymal stem cells; and cell-free therapy for organ repair. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Adult Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for helping researchers transform the study of stem cells into an industrialized process that will supply patients with efficient, safe, and cost-effective cell treatments.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6756-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6754-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6756-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site