About this book
This volume covers methods for the analysis of extracellular vesicles (EV) that can be applied to isolated EVs from a wide variety of sources. This includes the use of electron microscopy, tunable resistance pulse sensing, and nanoparticle tracking analysis. The chapters in this book discuss EV cargoes containing proteins and genomic materials using a number of different approaches, and isolating EVs from platelets and neuronal cells and tissues. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and comprehensive, Exosomes and Microvesicles: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource containing methodologies for anyone interested in researching EVs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6728-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6726-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6728-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book