About this book
This volume provides readers with detailed protocols covering the main cancer cytogenetics techniques needed for clinical utilization and research purposes. The chapters in this book cover topics such as chromosome preparation for myeloid malignancies; chromosome bandings; fluorescence in situ hybridization probe preparation; array-based comparative genomic hybridization; and cytogenetic nomenclature and reporting. The updated reviews on chromosomal abnormalities in hematological malignancies are excellent guides for cytogenetics data interpretations and specific malignant diseases correlation. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Cancer Cytogenetics: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for the novice in cytogenetics because it provides helpful guiding protocols, but it’s also great for those who are already engaged in the field and are looking for some technical hints.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6703-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6701-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6703-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site