Table of contents
About this book
This detailed book provides methodological information on cardiac gene delivery, from classic to state-of-the-art technologies and techniques. Efficient, cardiac-specific, and safe vectors, as well as refined vector delivery methods, are key for successful cardiac gene transfer and eventually for improving patients’ outcomes. Newer vectors and more efficient vector delivery methods have the potential to dramatically improve gene transduction efficacy, while novel gene manipulation techniques enforce the therapeutic power and broaden disease targets. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Cardiac Gene Therapy: Methods and Protocols serves as a valuable tool for molecular biologists and physiologists in the cardiology field conducting cardiac gene transfer research, which will ultimately lead to further advancements in the vital field.
Vector technologies Cardiovascular disease treatment Cardiac gene transfer Vector delivery methods Gene transduction Cardiology Disease targets
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6588-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6586-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6588-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site