Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides key molecular biological protocols and experimental strategies currently employed to study the various stages of mammary gland development. Chapters are divided into four parts covering genetically modified mouse models that exhibit prenatal and pubertal mammary gland phenotypes, 2D and 3D-model culture systems, methodologies for mammary stem cell isolation, and translational applications that provide a bridge between experimental studies of mammary gland development and the study of human breast cancer. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Mammary Gland Development: Methods and Protocols will be useful for researchers whose primary interest is in mammary gland development; developmental biologists, epithelial cell biologists, and those with an interest in molecular mechanisms underlying breast cancer.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6475-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6473-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6475-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site