About this book
This second edition expands on the previous edition with new chapters that are suitable for newcomers, as well as more detailed chapters that cover protein stability and storage, avoiding proteolysis during chromatography, protein quantitation methods including immuno-qPCR, and the challenges that scale-up of production poses to the investigator. Many of the chapters also discuss generation and purification of recombinant proteins, recombinant antibody production, and the tagging of proteins as a means to enhance their solubility and simplify their purification on an individual scale or in high-throughput systems. This book also provides readers with chapters that describe not just the more commonly used methods, but also recently developed approaches such as proteomic/mass spectrometric techniques and Lectin-based affinity chromatography. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Protein Chromatography: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable resource for anyone who is interested in the field of protein chromatography.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6412-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6410-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6412-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site