About this book
Now poised to evaluate the potential in modulating Wnt signaling for therapeutic agendas in cancer, wound healing, and degenerative disease, this book collects protocols from an exciting area of study. The methodologies include using Wnt modulating chemicals in engineering tissues from induced pluripotent and embryonic stem cells, monitoring Wnt transcriptional responses in diverse tissues such as bone and skin, and using specific biochemical markers of Wnt signaling to either screen molecular libraries or evaluate novel reagents. These protocols also leverage unique experimental strengths from five different model organisms. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and authoritative, Wnt Signaling: Methods and Protocols aims to support researchers in understanding Wnt signal transduction in any effort to improve outcomes in regenerative medicine and cancer management.
Regenerative medicine Cancer management Wnt transcriptional responses Tissue engineering Therapeutics Model organisms
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6393-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6391-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6393-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site