About this book
This book presents an integrated and coordinated framework for assessing developmental, psychological, and behavioral disorders in early childhood. Expert contributors advocate for natural-environment methods in addition to standardized measures in assessing academic and social skills as well as age-specific behavior problems in young children. Chapters model collaborations between clinicians, family, and daycare and school personnel, address diagnostic and classification issues, and conceptualize assessment as flexible, ongoing, and, as necessary, leading to coordinated services. The book gives practitioners and researchers critical tools toward establishing best practices in an increasingly complex and important area, leading to better prevention and intervention outcomes.
Included in the coverage:
ntion (RTI) in early childhood.
- Standardized assessment of cognitive development.
- Authentic and performance-based assessment.
- The use of Response to Interve
Early Childhood Assessment in School and Clinical Child Psychology is an essential resource for clinicians and related professionals, researchers, and graduate students in child and school psychology; assessment, testing, and evaluation; occupational therapy; family studies, educational psychology; and speech pathology.
Authentic assessment Child emotional regulation Child psychological disorders Cognitive assessment of young children Developmental disabilities Early childhood assessment Early intervention Emotion regulation in early childhood Family collaboration in child assessment Functional behavioral assessment in preschool Literacy assessment Performance-based assessment Prevention-based practice Response to intervention School consultation and collaboration
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6349-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6347-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6349-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals