About this book
This updated book includes meiosis methods ranging from classical genetic approaches with budding yeast to high resolution microscopy and computational methods for the analysis of recombination and modeling gene expression networks. Cutting-edge procedures for the analysis of double strand breaks at single nucleotide resolution, analysis of translation by ribosome profiling, the use of fluorescent markers to analyze recombination, and strategies for the use of conditional expression to study chromatin protein dynamics are detailed. Advanced cytology methods for live and fixed cell microscopy and image analysis for yeast, drosophila, and mouse are also included. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Detailed and practical, Meiosis, Second Edition will prove to be invaluable to biologists, geneticists, biochemists, and anyone investigating meiosis, recombination, and cellular differentiation.
Gametogenesis Budding yeast models Computational methods Chromosome reorganization Gene expression networks Meiotic chromosome crossovers
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6340-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6338-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6340-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site