Table of contents
About this book
With genetic engineering, systems explored in this book now exist allowing for the simple, efficient, and near universally precise genetic manipulation directly in any organism, including the mouse. Herein, these models are applied to a wide field of disease areas, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, skin disorders, cancer, neurodegenerative and neuromuscular diseases, retinal disorders, as well as various behavioral models. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Practical and fully updated, Mouse Models for Drug Discovery: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition serves to equip the reader with an extensive overview of techniques to utilize the many possibilities of mice in the drug development process.
Drug development Animal models Genetic engineering Humanized mice Pharmaceutical design
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3661-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3659-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3661-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book