About this book
This detailed volume provides a single, valuable reference source for methods that definitively identify and accurately quantify apoptosis. The book begins with common methods utilized to detect and quantitate apoptosis, as well as apoptosis signaling pathways in toxicological and other related research. It continues with multi-parametric and phased apoptosis assays for detecting early and late apoptosis or distinguishing apoptosis from necrosis and autophagy. Subsequent chapters focus on recent advances in real time and high-throughput assays that detect and quantitate apoptosis and apoptosis signaling pathways. Final chapters focus on recent developments in preclinical anticancer therapeutics targeting apoptosis. Written for the Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology series, chapters feature step-by-step descriptions of the methodologies, as well as expert tips and implementation advice.
Vital and authoritative, Apoptosis Methods in Toxicology serves novice scientists as well as experts, utilizing a range of instruments from common laboratory equipment to high-end expensive and automated machinery capable of performing real time apoptotic measurements.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3588-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3586-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3588-8
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- Buy this book on publisher's site