Table of contents
About this book
This volume aims to outline the current status of the Mesenchymal Stem Cells(MSC) field in regenerative medicine and to propose clear and reproducible protocols to better define the identity, function and use of these cells that are today, more than ever, “under the spotlight”. Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is organized into four sections. The first guides the reader through a series of state-of-the-art reviews summarizing the use of MSC for the treatment of various diseases. The other three sections are a collection of methodological chapters covering several aspects: isolation and characterization of MSC; expansion of MSC for clinical use; production and characterization of the MSC secretome. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, the method chapters include introductions to their respective topics, complete lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting which will help the researcher to avoid known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition, aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3584-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3582-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3584-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site