About this book
This volume covers the latest protocols designed to identify and characterize TEs in genomes, ancient or recently inserted. Additionally, this book includes a series of protocols designed to understand how host genomes act to regulate the activity of TEs, from elegant genetic mobilization assays to key biochemical methods. Finally, this book also includes chapters that describe how TEs can be used for biotechnological applications. Written for the Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Transposons and Retrotransposons: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3372-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3370-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3372-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site