Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides a clear and detailed roadmap of how to design and execute a gene therapy experiment in order to obtain consistent results. Chapters in this book disseminate bits of unknown information that are important to consider during the course of experimentation and will answer questions such as: What delivery vehicle do you use?; How will you ensure that your vector retains stability?; What expression system best fits your needs?; What route will you choose to deliver your gene therapy agent?; How will you model the neurodegenerative disorder that you aim to investigate, and what are the proven methods to treat these disorders in preclinical models? Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and thorough, Gene Therapy for Neurological Disorders: Methods and Protocols, is a compilation of protocols and instructive chapters intended to give researchers, clinicians, and students of all levels, a foundation upon which future gene therapy experiments can be designed.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3271-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3270-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3271-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site