Table of contents
About this book
In this second edition methods are described to measure the synthesis of lipids such as the phosphoinositides, ceramides and sphingomyelin, as well as techniques to molecularly characterize the various kinases and phosphatases that regulate the intracellular metabolism of these lipids. Lipid Signaling Protocols, Second Edition guides readers through detailed experimental protocols, which are complimented by review chapters that highlight the technical considerations, challenges and potential pitfalls associated with using these laboratory-based approaches. Written for the Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Lipid Signaling Protocols, Second Edition aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-3170-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-3169-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-3170-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book