About this book
This volume presents a comprehensive overview of all the existing methods on analysing protein arginylation, from the early methods utilizing crude protein preparations and whole-cell assays to the latest advanced methods involving recombinant protein techniques, antibodies, high precision mass spectrometry, and chemical probes. This book also includes essays from the founders of the field, who originally discovered arginylation in the early 1960s and brought it to international recognition. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and thorough, Protein Arginylation: Methods and Protocols would interest the emerging body of scientists involved in the studies of posttranslational arginylation, and the rapidly growing community of researchers working on a broad range of posttranslational modifications, the analysis of which often meets similar challenges and utilizes similar principles as posttranslational arginylation.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2935-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2934-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2935-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site