About this book
This volume provides a comprehensive collection of protocols on new technology across various model organisms. Chapters describe species-specific methods to generate new mutants the content is completed by chapters on natural TAL effectors, TAL element DNA binding principles, TALEN target site prediction, and methods for the efficient construction of TALEN coding regions. While addition chapter focus on the application of TALEN as sequence-specific nucleases and TAL based gene activators or inhibitors and the visualization of chromatin dynamics in live cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, TALENs: Methods and Protocols aims to ensure successful results in the further study of this vital field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2932-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2931-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2932-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site