About this book
This volume reviews available mouse models of atherosclerosis, basic aspects of disease initiation and progression, and the visualization of atherosclerotic lesions with invasive and non-invasive techniques that are widely used both in basic research and in the clinic. The chapters catalogue a wide range of in vitro and in vivo experimental methods used for atherosclerosis research, including thorough protocols and valuable notes based on the authors’ personal wet lab experience. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Methods in Mouse Atherosclerosis will be a valuable working guide for researchers performing mouse-based atherosclerosis studies.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2929-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2928-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2929-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site