Table of contents
About this book
This volume provides a comprehensive review of the molecular mechanisms involved in precancerous lesions and benign and malignant breast tumors. Given the complex molecular pathways in breast cancer biology, the book simplifies these complex mechanisms and highlights the practical issues important for daily practice. Sections are structured to review breast carcinogenesis and the role of familial predisposition and stem cells in initiation and progression of breast cancer. In-depth chapters present morphologic and molecular correlations in precancerous and malignant breast lesions, while outlining highly practical issues that are in practice today in breast pathology, such as evaluation of estrogen, progesterone receptors, and HER-2.
Written by experts in the field, Precision Molecular Pathology of Breast Cancer is a valuable resource that covers the current practice of breast pathology and looks into the future with an emphasis on the molecular basis of breast cancer.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2886-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2885-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2886-6
- Series Print ISSN 1935-987X
- Series Online ISSN 1935-9888
- About this book