Table of contents
About this book
This volume is comprised of a collection of experimental protocols for common techniques and strategies used to study the biogenesis of b-barrel outer membrane proteins in Gram-negative bacteria. The BAM Complex: Methods and Protocols guides readers through methods on the function of the BAM complex, the roles played by each of the individual components, the expression and purification of the components, crystallization and structure determination of the components, and how the individual Bam components may assemble into a functional complex. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, The BAM Complex: Methods and Protocols will serve as an invaluable reference for those interested in studying the BAM complex.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-2871-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-2870-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-2871-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book