About this book
This volume presents up-to-date methods that allow primary stem cells from a variety of sources to be isolated, cultured in vitro, detected and measured for specific applications. These applications range from those in basic, stem cell and veterinary research to toxicology, cellular therapy and regenerative medicine. There is a slight bias towards the blood-forming system as more is known about the blood-forming or hematopoietic system than any other primary stem cell system. These unique properties and characteristics are discussed and examined, mostly at the cellular level and in detail in this book. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and accessible, Stem Cell Protocols provides novices with the fundamentals necessary to develop new technologies necessary for basic and clinical research in the future, and will aid professionals in finding new methodologies to provide a wider viewpoint and an even greater scope for their own research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1785-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1784-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1785-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site