About this book
This volume covers microbiological, clinical and patophysiological aspects of sepsis and also provides general overview chapters with every chapter discussing the real clinical impact of the discussed diagnostic approaches. Sepsis is a major clinical problem that takes an inordinate toll on human lives and economical resources. It is widely recognized that inappropriate treatment is associated with a dramatic increase in mortality, especially within the first hours, therefore clinical and microbiological diagnosis are of pivotal importance in the management of septic patients. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and easily accessible, Sepsis: Diagnostic Methods and Protocols seeks to serve both professionals and novices with its well-honed methodologies in an effort to further our knowledge of this life-threatening illness.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1776-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1775-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1776-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site