Table of contents
About this book
Glycosaminoglycans: Chemistry and Biology emphasizes several areas of glycosaminoglycan research especially analysis and application of GAGs using a variety of approaches. Chapters focus on chemical and enzymatic synthesis of GAGs for therapeutic purposes; biophysical and biochemical methods for studying GAG-protein interactions; molecular approaches for modulating and defining GAG biosynthesis; informatics approaches for deciphering GAG code; computational approaches for establishing specific and/or non-specific interactions and genetic and biochemical tools for manipulating/visualizing glycosaminoglycan expression and studying their functions in a variety of model organisms. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Glycosaminoglycans: Chemistry and Biology serves as a valuable manual for cutting edge methodologies and practical tips to overcome any obstacles with experimentation pertaining to chemistry and biology of glycosaminoglycans.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1714-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1713-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1714-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site