About this book
Salmonella: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition expands upon the previous edition with current, detailed methods on different aspects and landmarks advancing knowledge on salmonella research. With new chapters on molecular assays for detection, identification and serotyping of salmonella, quantitative proteomic identification of host factors involved in salmonella infection, determination of antimicrobial resistance in salmonella, site-directed mutagenesis, chromosomal gene analysis, development of bacterial nanoparticle vaccine, attachment of nanoparticle cargo to biotinylated salmonella for combination bacteriotherapy against tumors, various microscopy methods to analyze salmonella interaction with host cells, in vitro modeling of gallbladder-associated salmonella colonization, and analysis of salmonella phages and prophages. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Salmonella: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition present methods that are of value to investigators in the salmonella field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1625-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1624-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1625-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site