About this book
The new edition of this authoritative text provides an interdisciplinary treatise of all aspects of the interactions between light and the living world. It starts with a description of the physics of light, and how to deal with it in experiments and observations. The phenomena described in the rest of the book covers all organisms: how light is used by organisms for obtaining energy for life processes, for gathering information about the environment, and for communicating with others of the same or other species. The book also describes "bad" effects of light in causing disease or contributing to formation of environmental toxins. New techniques used by scientists to investigate life processes using light are also explored in the volume.
Written by experts in the field, Photobiology: The Science of Life and Light, 3e is a valuable and accessible resource for both advanced undergraduates and established researchers.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1468-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1467-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1468-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site