About this book
The Handbook of Simulation Optimization presents an overview of the state of the art of simulation optimization, providing a survey of the most well-established approaches for optimizing stochastic simulation models and a sampling of recent research advances in theory and methodology. Leading contributors cover such topics as discrete optimization via simulation, ranking and selection, efficient simulation budget allocation, random search methods, response surface methodology, stochastic gradient estimation, stochastic approximation, sample average approximation, stochastic constraints, variance reduction techniques, model-based stochastic search methods, and Markov decision processes.
This single volume should serve as a reference for those already in the field and as a means for those new to the field for understanding and applying the main approaches. The intended audience includes researchers, practitioners, and graduate students in the business/engineering fields of operations research, management science, operations management, and stochastic control, as well as in economics/finance and computer science.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-1384-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-1383-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-1384-8
- Series Print ISSN 0884-8289
- Series Online ISSN 2214-7934
- Buy this book on publisher's site